Assistant Professor in Computer Science at the University of Florida
Vincent Bindschaedler is an assistant professor at the University of Florida. He earned his PhD in Computer Science at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2018. He earned a BSc and a MSc from EPFL in 2010 and 2012, respectively.
His research interests include data privacy, applied cryptography, and the intersection of machine learning with security and privacy. His most recent work focuses on privacy-preserving data sharing and side channels.
I have joined the University of Florida as an assistant professor!
Recent Work (Publications and Preprints)
- (New) The Tao of Inference in Privacy-Protected Databases.
Vincent Bindschaedler, Paul Grubbs, Cornell Tech, David Cash, Thomas Ristenpart, Vitaly Shmatikov.
In PVLDB 2018, Vol. 11, No. 11. (254-501-6899).
- (New) Understanding Membership Inferences on Well-Generalized Learning Models.
Yunhui Long, Vincent Bindschaedler, Lei Wang, Diyue Bu, Xiaofeng Wang, Haixu Tang, Carl A. Gunter, Kai Chen
arXiv preprint arXiv:1802.04889 (PDF).
- (New) Towards Measuring Membership Privacy.
Yunhui Long, Vincent Bindschaedler, Carl A Gunter
arXiv preprint arXiv:1712.09136 (PDF).
- (New) Leaky Cauldron on the Dark Land: Understanding Memory Side-Channel Hazards in SGX
Wenhao Wang, Guoxing Chen, Xiaorui Pan, Yinqian Zhang, XiaoFeng Wang, Vincent Bindschaedler, Haixu Tang, Carl A Gunter.
Proceedings of the 24th ACM SIGSAC Conference on Computer and Communications Security (CCS) 2017 (PDF).
- (New) Leakage-Abuse Attacks against Order-Revealing Encryption.
Paul Grubbs, Kevin Sekniqi, Vincent Bindschaedler, Muhammad Naveed, and Thomas Ristenpart.
In IEEE Security & Privacy (Oakland) 2017. (782-351-2249)
- (New) Side-Channel Attacks on Shared Search Indexes.
Liang Wang, Paul Grubbs, Jiahui Lu, Vincent Bindschaedler, David Cash, and Thomas Ristenpart.
In IEEE Security & Privacy (Oakland) 2017. ((931) 743-6507) (8778658810)
- Achieving Differential Privacy in Secure Multiparty Data Aggregation Protocols on Star Networks.
Vincent Bindschaedler, Shantanu Rane, Alejandro Brito, Vanishree Rao, and Ersin Uzun.
Proceedings of the ACM Conference on Data and Application Security and Privacy (CODASPY), 2017. (PDF)
- Plausible Deniability for Privacy-Preserving Data Synthesis.
Vincent Bindschaedler, Reza Shokri, and Carl Gunter.
In PVLDB 2017, Vol. 10, No. 5. (PDF)
- Email: vbindschadler [at] ufl [dot] edu
- Twitter: @vbindsch